Our objective is to incorporate features that aid in the transition from the activity of the light rail alignment back into the residential fabric of the Brooklyn neighborhood. We strive to create a quality, thoughtful project for the revitalization of the Brooklyn neighborhood along SE 17th as we wish to be involved in the continued development of this area.
The site is a challenging narrow lot located on one of the most promising close-in neighborhoods in the Portland urban area. The addition of the light rail will have an immensely positive impact on how this neighborhood and community develop in next decade. We are interested in tailoring a development solution that responds to TriMet’s goals of increased transit ridership and activity around the station area, and to the neighborhood’s existing character and future potential.
Our project program creates 36 living units with a mix of types and sizes with extensive landscaped areas and gardens, a community market on the southern corner, and resident parking on site. The living units will comprise a range of sizes and configurations from small efficiency studios to starter townhouses, and from secluded garden apartments to retail work/live spaces. All living units will be reasonably priced and have desirable amenities such as bike parking and access to green space.
The market is envisioned as a small scale, grocery and goods market with a changing variety of vendors that can be tailored to the community needs. We foresee the market will have amenities such as outdoor seating, public art and landscaped areas that will become a gathering point for both light rail commuters and the Brooklyn community.
- 36 units consisting of 4 live/work, 21 1BR/1BA, 6 2BR/2BA, 5 studios.
- 2,000 square feet of retail planned for a community market.
- 1,200 square feet of roof gardens, decks and patios.
- 2,000 square feet of private gardens.
- 1,800 square feet of public landscape and garden, including an 800 square feet of covered area. The public area will include TriMet installed bike racks and public art.
- Over 1,000 square feet of storm water planters and frontage landscaping.
- Distributed landscaped trash, recycling and tenant composting facilities.
- 14 parking stalls including capacity for electrical car charging stations if needed. The project will evaluate the demand for a dedicated onsite flex car or car share service.
- Over 52 secure bike locking stations and designated areas for bike washing and maintenance.